DULLES, VA, OCTOBER 30, 2014 – At the launch of Season 4, Cabling Icon has announced a new contest structure that makes it easier than ever to enter. Unlike the four rounds of past seasons, Season 4 contestants will compete through only two rounds for the title of Cabling Icon and the $3,500 cash jackpot among other prizes.
Cabling Icon has listened to feedback from past contestants and fans of the contest and has reduced the contest down to two rounds. To make it more convenient for contestants, Cabling Icon has revealed a new writing format for Round 1 where contestants will submit a paragraph on the past, present and future of the contestant’s career in the low voltage cabling industry. The panel of judges will review the contestants’ answers and will choose 6 finalists to submit their UTP Termination Speed Trial video for Round 2, the final round.
The panel of judges is comprised of four industry professionals who will rate contestants throughout each round and will ultimately choose who will be the Season 4 Cabling Icon.
Season 4 participants have an increased opportunity to win with Cabling Icon’s tiered prize package. The top 3 contestants will receive a cash prize:
- The Season 4 Cabling Icon will receive a prize package to include:
- Minimum $3,500 CASH. This cash jackpot will grow with each promotional partner contribution.
- The coveted Golden Punch Down Award and an embroidered Cabling Icon leather vest
- Bragging rights and the worldwide recognition of being the Cabling Icon
- Runner-up receives $1,000
- 3rd place receives $500